Demo software with new PC

AlphaBob 15:38 22 Jan 03
  AlphaBob 15:38 22 Jan 03

On 27th December 2002 I purchased an Advent 3213 PC from PC World, Portsmouth. Yesterday 21st Jan 03 I went to use the Nero CD burning software for the first time. On clicking on the icon I was informed it was a demo and the trial had expired. To obtain use of the software I was required to pay $49 to obtain a serial number. As you can image I was somewhat annoyed. The computer comes with a CD writer and therefore you expect some CD writing software. There are no software CD's with the computer as everything is preinstalled. Can anybody you explain whether this is normal procedure. Am I right in thinking I am going to have to pay this amount to be able to use the software. I'd apprecciate peoples views? Thanks

nightporter 15:57 22 Jan 03

You may need to read the small print to see if you should have got the full software or just a trial demo. But dont pay $49 Nero is widely available and should ony cost about £10.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…