Dell.....very dissapointed

Black_Star 21:54 24 Feb 07

Just bought and received a new Dell Dimension 9200, and I have to say it is the most dissapointing electrical purchase I have made in a long, long time.

The system is noisy, the plastic fascia on the front doesn't fit properly and constantly 'buzzes' when it catches the back panel and there's no Firewire port - my 4 year old Evesham is in better condition than this thing.

The Dell is going back, so I'm brewing for the inevitable argument with them, but be aware in case you are considering the same purchase

FatboySlim71 22:50 24 Feb 07

I think if you are that pleased with your 4 year old Evesham, then it may be a good idea to go back to Evesham for you next pc, I purchased a PC from Evesham 12 months ago and its excellent, its the best PC I have owned.

I have read as well that Evesham have just won an award from PC Pro for Service and Reliability beating Dell, Fujitsu, HP, Lenovo, Medion, Packard Bell and Acer.

SANTOS7 22:52 24 Feb 07

must have hit them on a bad day, company i work for have just installed a van load of em, not a problem with any of them.
You have the right to send it back if you are not happy but don't be tempted to "go off on one" explain the situation to them and i am sure they will come up with something that is aggreable to both parties.
frustrating as you may find it being polite may get you a lot further then you think,good luck..

silverous 23:22 24 Feb 07

I hope you don't mind me saying and I'm sure it doesn't seem so to you - but as PC dissapointing experiences go it doesn't seem *that* bad - your machine was working. The fact it doesn't have a firewire port, if that was important to you, should've been picked up before you bought it from reviewing the specs.

If you think the machine is faulty in terms of the fascia then best to get Dell on the case - it seems you have sent it back so hopefully you'll get a better one.

I only order Dell PCs for work, and recommend them to friends and family and have always found them to be superb. Support is also very good in my experience.

spuds 11:28 25 Feb 07

I agree with others have stated, regarding Dell products, having made previous purchases from that company. Multi-national companies cannot be all that wrong, considering Dell seems to be usually a first choice.

If you have a problem with the product, did you consult with Dell in a friendly manner or have you adopted "brewing for the inevitable argument with them" as the first approach!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…