Did you see the Dell system being sold by QVC yesterday. Did you think it was a good buy, and did anyone take the plunge?

shifty 15:34 09 Feb 03

Far too expensive for the specification. Looking through the advertisements in PC Advisor you could save around £500 on a similar spec machine.

Patr100 16:35 09 Feb 03

Yes, saw it. My feeling was that you were also paying for a number of extras that most perhaps wouldn't really need such as in-home set up , software eg games etc though you do get QVC's 30 day money back guarantee which is a good bonus. If you wanted a good spec PC with extras such as cordless optical mouse and keyboard it would certainly have done the job though Dell are never cheap compared with many others.

BRYNIT 16:59 09 Feb 03

You could always try it for 30 day and let us know if it is any good but i think its a bit exspencive.

Did you also hear the chap who phone in live. Who had bought a Del PC from QVC and was having problems getting his computer working, due to the customer service.

spuds 17:38 09 Feb 03

Not all bargains at QVC. I remember about 3 years ago, when I purchased a Lexmark printer. It was only about 1 month after purchase, that the same printer could be bought cheaper in most retail outlets.

BRYNIT. I'm not interested in buyig, just curious about what others thought of the offer.

spartan 19:37 09 Feb 03

Have a look at this forum there are plenty of comments about it click here

Stuartli 20:15 09 Feb 03

Over priced and over hyped in an attempt to get people to spend money on systems with specifications that can be acquired for very much less elsewhere.

To listen to the so called expert presenters describing the various computer related items on this particular programme was embarrassing.

I caught it by accident flicking through channels and kept watching to see whether it could actually get any worse - I was right...:-)

Pilch.... 20:41 09 Feb 03

I quite often mck my dad for watching those channel's.....

The computer person always seems to babble on, the prices do seem to be way over hyped, yet they are still popular..... WHY?????

cream. 21:04 09 Feb 03

It may be because they were offering a 3year, next day repair, engineer to come to your door.
Very tempting for some, not me.

Bye the bye they were saying it was the most powerful processor they have ever had on QVC. Strange as they were showing the pentium 3.06 machine a few weeks ago.

Is the 3.06 a downgrade? lol

leo49 21:10 09 Feb 03

Sorry I missed it - there was World Championship Paintdrying on the another channnel. :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…