Dell and where to go next

Woolwell 18:00 10 Mar 06

I have bought 5 Dell systems in the past 2 years for mainly churches and have been very pleased and have had no problems. Last week I wanted to purchase a new system for myself, then the problems began. They wouldn't accept me for Buy Now Pay Later but accepted an immediate credit card payment. No order confirmation arrived. I chased it and in spite of promises I still did not get an order confirmation. Next communication from Dell was arrangements for delivery. By this time I had been given my customer number and order number and was then able to check the packing note and quickly spotted that it wasn't what I had ordered, mainly no Firewire card. I rang them, attempted to reject but instead they promised to send the card and other parts. Today when I expected delivery I found out that they had given me a refund, no money yet taken from my card. This has been a right mess and I feel that I have been given a right runaround.
I want a PC able to video edit, surf the net, word process, and play low frame rate games like Football Manager and Civilization 4. Any suggestions where to go next as I don't want to use Dell.

Starfox 18:35 10 Mar 06

click here

click here

I can recommend both of these.

Woolwell 18:36 10 Mar 06

Big surprise. The PC has just been delivered by Dell.
I now wonder how they will charge me for it and what spec it actually is. But don't want suggestions for elsewhere yet!

Woolwell 21:41 10 Mar 06

Dell 9150 has been delivered with a dead graphics card. Computer is showing 2 and 4 on the error lights on the front.

Dellman 15:55 11 Mar 06

You could try MESH???

Woolwell 13:26 12 Mar 06

I am going to have to wait until after the weekend to try and sort this out with Dell. At one stage they stated that they were giving me a full refund. However no money has come out of any of my credit cards or bank accounts. I also have received the system although the base unit doesn't work. I have come to the conclusion that Dell's customer service is useless outside of 9 t0 5 Monday to Friday.
The 19" Dell 1907FP UltraSharp monitor is really good even on analogue. I can't wait to see it on DVI. Portrait or landscape rotate and easy to adjust for height and angle.

fitcher 13:41 12 Mar 06

looking at the dates of your complaint you did not give them much time at all ,looks like they delivered the same day .are you a bit premature i wish to say in dells defence i have found
them very good..i take it the dell monitor was tried on another computer for that to work by the way

sMoKez:) 16:20 12 Mar 06

I guess its a problem with an online only businesses - you can't physically take the items back and demand a refund ( and the bit I like - throw a wobbley - in the store when they are busy)

Why do people buy from online only businesses? - god only knows.

Remember that you can always talk to the credit card company when things go wrong and you can take it up with them. Like fitcher said you have to give them a bit of time also (another problem when buying from online-only businesses).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017