Dell website confusion!

Gary McBarry 13:06 08 Mar 05

I've found a PC i like in a Dell leaflet, but when I went to the website I found the PC to be a different price. Can anyone help me with this? Sorry if it's been asked before, but I'm a newbie!

medicine hat 13:42 08 Mar 05

Was the price on the leaflet a special offer which has now ended?

wjrt 13:52 08 Mar 05

any advertised Dell should show somewhere what Dell name E-value code . when you go to Dell site then on toolbar at top right is option to "shop by E-value code" have you tried this. if you still have difficulties then phone them if you really want information.

byfordr 13:55 08 Mar 05

Either that or try lopping the warranty...Dell automatically "upgrades" it to 3 years onsite. Often to get the advertised price you need to lop it down to 1 year rtb.

R

ened 17:38 08 Mar 05

which they use a lot.

I telephoned about a PC in a leaflet on the day I received it.

They said they no longer did that but would try to put together something similar (dearer). When I queried it:
"The computer business moves really fast"!!!!

spuds 19:42 08 Mar 05

When you configure the website price, you will find that adding and subtracting certain items will change the price. The same thing applies to their offers. Same model sold with free items like extra ram,bigger hard-drive, free delivery etc. Special voucher codes and media promotions will also give a price change. If you are looking at a particular computer, phone Dell and ask if there are any special offers to be add.

Should mention that Dell are not the cheapest for add-ons to standards specification price. Best to check the price and compare these with other suppliers of components. As an example look at the hard-drive differentials.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…