Dell supply sound card seperate.

Fatboy415 11:14 04 Jan 06

A client has just told me such an unbelievable tale that I have got to ask if this is standard practice.

Having just enough computer knowledge to know what he wants he ordered a Dell PC direct from their web site. The PC arrived in time for Christmas but to his dismay the SoundBlaster card was supplied separately. The motherboard has sound on board and the two PCI slots contained the modem and a TV card.

Trying to condense his many phone calls to their help desk (always at the customer’s expense) he was told by a Dell employee that “as he had ordered off their web site it was considered that he had the know how to install it”. Obviously without a spare slot no amount of “know how” was going to make that card fit!

He was talked through numerous options including removing the dialup modem and upgrading to Broadband despite the foreign worker not knowing if Broadband was available in his area.

Working in the PC repair industry I was gob smacked at the response from Dell. I have always held their products in high regard and would recommend them when asked for advice. Mistakes happen but to supply hardware separate then say you expect the customer to fit it is beyond belief. What next, build it yourself PC’s from Dell? Assemblers in Ireland beware!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac