Dell Studio One 19 - Choice of Colours

PalaeoBill 16:08 21 Jun 09

Dell advertise the new Studio One 19 with the following:

"Reach out and explore the Studio One 19’s 18.5” display with optional multi-touch screen functionality with a choice of 2 colour fabric trim options or Solid Pure White trim border"

I really like the design and my wife wants an all white one, but I cannot get an option for white on the higher specification models. The web site appears to give one colour option per model and white seems to be solely for the entry level model. If you want the fastest processor you appear to be stuck with navy blue. I tried asking about this with the online chat facility but it immediately responded with a request for my e-mail address or phone number and didn't answer my question.

I'm not impressed.

PalaeoBill 16:15 21 Jun 09

The Studio One advert in Dell's June 2009 catalogue caught my wife's attention. She gave it to me, pointed out the beastie and I would have bought one today.
They offered the option of an on-line chat with a pop up box, while I was looking at the web page. All they had to do was answer the simple question "can the high spec models be had in white". If the answer had been no, I may have bought one anyway but they had to upset me by demanding an e-mail address or telephone number before they would answer the question.

user8 17:31 21 Jun 09

I know some think dell are under spec & over priced!
But they do offer good deals, but others are offering them as well.

AL47 18:35 21 Jun 09

my laptop i got from them is amazing at the time, tough bugger too

you cant really complain cause they hant done anything wrong

PalaeoBill 07:36 22 Jun 09

My laptop is a Dell, most of the desktops I've ever bought have been from Dell. I've never had a problem with them and I would recommend the product to anyone.
My complaint is with their pettiness at refusing to answer a question before I gave them a phone number or e-mail address. At a lesser degree, and I accept that I could be wrong here (I don't know they didn;t answer my question), I'm not impressed with the way they have assigned colours to a range of what appear to be otherwise very aesthetically pleasing computers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017