DELL STUDIO 15 VS HP DV5-1015EA

Mary_S 11:35 24 Dec 08

Dear All,

I think my long awaited purchase of a laptop may be finally coming to an end with some decent sales at currys/pc world.

Just wanted to know if anyone had an opinion on the dell studio models, in particular the following model.

click here=

Its hard to find a exact review online for this laptop becaus eof dells customization meaning

I hear the dells studio range is their inbetween range, of the premium xps and budget inspiron.
SO it looks like a godo price for £480, with a dedicated graphics and 4gb ram, and a decent processor. Can anyone tell if it has a webcam and if it is a 32 or 64 bit vista machine. Thanks!!

Teh other laptop which looks good is this one click here=

This one i know from the hp site has a webcam and is 32 bit vista (i dont want to get 64 bit). Its a good price for £670, but i think the dell should be good enough for nearly £200 less.

Main reason i want a 4gb laptop is because i study oracle database and they recommended for vista you want at least 1 gb free. Take into account mult-tasking i should get a 4gb.

So what can people advise me , thanks??

Al94 12:58 24 Dec 08

On the face of it the Dell is a lot of laptop for the money. Still around £679 on Dell website for similar spec. It should have a webcam and be 32 bit but you might wanto check with Currys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5