Dell, Staples or PCWorld?

user8 16:20 17 Jun 09

Need to get a new laptop for my sister.
Do we buy on-line or go to a Staples or PCWorld.
Never bought from Dell, any bad points to look at etc?

961 17:15 17 Jun 09

Dell has done the business for me

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:18 17 Jun 09

I have bought many dells and their prices are keen. The most I have had to wait was 10 days but usually the delivery takes about 6 days or so. If you want the PC sans waiting then trot off to PCWorld and do not accept their offers of cases, surge protectors, Norton AV, warranty and anything else.

G

UK Sub 18:42 17 Jun 09

You can buy Dell's at Tesco's now (if you were wanting to get one quickly or to just have a look first).

click here

laurie53 19:50 17 Jun 09

Two bad experiences with Dell, wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

PC World also not of the best, particularly after sales.

Staples do it for me.

Like everybody else, personal view, based on experience.

birdface 23:19 17 Jun 09

Try e-Buyer.

interzone55 16:59 18 Jun 09

I'd think about half the office workers in the country use Dells on a daily basis.

They know how to make a good sturdy, reliable PCs and laptops with no wasted features to inflate prices.

One point though if you're buying a consumer model. Get a copy of PC Decrapifier to remove all the trial software - click here

oresome 20:26 18 Jun 09

You need to decide what you want and then ask the relevant questions of the retailer.

Do you require a retailer who can advise on the best model for your purpose.

Do you require a retailer who can provide easily accessable support without expensive phone calls

Do you require the keenest price and can excuse lamentable service as a consequence.

Does the retailer offer something like a 28 day money back satisfaction guarantee, etc etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now