Dell small business and discounts?

Tolks 16:49 05 Sep 06

Are there any prerequisites for buying from the small business section of dell? Allot of similar spec machines are at lower prices and i can't see anywhere (though I haven’t looked really hard) that it asks you for evidence you are a small business or what classifies a small business.

Does anyone know a good site to get discount coupon codes from for the dell uk site? I did a goggle search but most of the sites it returned were out of date or didn’t seem to work for the dell uk site.

Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 17:07 05 Sep 06

The only thing to be wary of is that you will have different rights as a user of the small business site rather than the consumer site.

Take a look at HotUKDeals
click here
and
HotUKDeals - Main Page
click here

On Thursdays Dell seems to publish its new deals.

spuds 11:53 06 Sep 06

Normally a classification of a business to people like Dell, is a checkable business letterhead or Vat number.

Buying on business terms can sometimes be advantages to the small business enterprise, then on the other hand, it can have certain pitfalls. Consider that you may make a saving, but consumer laws may not be in your favour as a business. For the one off computer, in the case of Dell, and I would suspect other manufacturers, then buying as a person instead of a business could be a better bargain. Dell offer a number of prices for the same model, and if you do a little homework, and change certain terms depending on promotional offers,voucher schemes or newspaper adverts, then quite fair savings can be achieved.

If you go into most high calibre organization, you may well find Dell products, that have been purchased as a bulk supply on possible very favourable terms and conditions. The small business person, could never obtain these savings.

I would mention, that Dell have about four outlets (under different names) for their products, and again prices can vary.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now