DELL Sales ARRRGGHHH!

bueller 21:11 08 Mar 07

OMG is this some sort of record?? I called DELL sales at 12:30 ish to day to ask a question about the spec of a PC and I gave them my phone number (STUPID STUPID STUPID) When I got home I had 9 - yes that's right 9 missed calls, a message and since I got home another 3 calls (2 of which I ignored) from the sales guy pestering me and offering 5% off the web site prices. On the 12th call I finally snapped and told him I wasn't going to place an order and told him to stop ringing

I AM LIVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe R 22:17 08 Mar 07

bueller,

you did make the first call, and left them your phone number.

If Dell's salespeople are like the ones who work for my company, they would have been falling over themselves, fighting for what they supposed, was a sale.

puma22 23:30 08 Mar 07

a bit of a similar experience. I 'phoned Dell to ask about tweaking a sytem. could'nt get through the first time but did later. They responded to me not being able to get through (only exlanation I can think of) and 'phoned repeatedly. When they asked for my name (they 'phoned me!!) I hug up in exasperation.

QinesiQ 17:42 09 Mar 07

I bought my partner an Axim from their Ozzy site 2 xmas's ago and I have been spammed ever since!

I phoned them around Xmas regarding a sale and one of the first things the operator asked me for was my phone number "in case the line gets cut". I was suspicious of this request so declined to give it. When repeatedly asked why I made up that I was using a VoIP program and didn't have an incoming line or phone number.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5