Dell replacement?

harps1h 19:34 17 Nov 09

last Christmas i bought an Inspiron for my daughter. when it was switched on for the 1st time on Christmas day the screen was distorted and all pink and green. Dells helpline was open on Boxing day, so after an hour of trying to fix it over the phone they agreed to send an engineer to the house under the terms of my warranty. this was fixed but 4 months later the laptop developed a fault where the motherboard did not recognize the adapter and refused to charge the battery. Once again under warranty the engineer came and this time replaced the motherboard. Now however 10 days ago tha laptop developed the same fault where it won't recognize the charger. Dell wanted to replace the motherboard again, but I argued that the same fault appearing twice within 5 months was got a good sign and after the warranty was up then i would have to find means of getting a repair should the same thing happen again. I told them i wanted to reject the machine, to which i was told that they would not issue a replacement but offer a repair under the warranty.

I am not entirely happy about this as I feel the machine has proved unreliable. What would be my next course of action? My credit card?

harps1h 19:45 17 Nov 09

ps I should add I have rung Dell whilst typing the above thread. After a wait of approximately 15 minutes I was put through to a CS, when I explained carefully the time line of faults and once again explained I wanted to reject the machine, he told me I need to speak to somebody else. So whilst writing this second part of my thread I have waited z further 20 mins.

spuds 22:49 17 Nov 09

click here might be the answer!.

961 09:17 18 Nov 09

I think you may find that the credit card options are pretty limited once you get beyond 180 days after purchase

I'd be inclined to try a letter by special delivery to the chief exec at the uk head office of Dell setting out the facts and asking for a replacement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…