Just had a call from a supervisor! Great a step forward.
Unfortunately he started to day that having 'checked the paperwork' I did have the correct screen!. Two steps back.
After some discussion and after I asked him to read what Tech Support said yeterday he agreed he needed to get things checked. Promised a call back Monday, but I said I wouldn't be here then. So promised a call Tuesday.
I think I might fax them saying that if they can get a correctly specified and properly working machine out to me within a short time frame and collect this machine at the same time I'll consider it. But should I just accept the disruption a delay would cause and order a different one?