Dell printer bargain

beattyben 09:40 23 Mar 05

I've just purchased a Dell 720 printer direct from Dell for the all inclusive price of £9.87 inclusive of VAT and delivery. Has anyone got one of these printers and are they any good for photo's?

pj123 11:44 23 Mar 05

Here is the spec for the Dell 720

click here

I believe this is also known as the Lexmark Z615.

click here

Should be OK for photo's but the replacement ink cartridges (knowing Lexmark) will be quite high. Have also learned that although this is a rebadged Lexmark the Lexmark ink cartridges do not fit. Has to be Dell cartridges or a refill kit.

Compatible cartridges can be got from here

click here

beattyben 18:11 23 Mar 05

Thanks pj123 for the info. Less than £10.00 for a printer, which includes a colour and black cartridge and a call from Dell today arranging a time convenient for me for delivery. This seems like a bargain to me. I was also surprised that every customer could order up to 5 printers.If push comes to shove I'll refill the cartridges a couple of times.

Chaz10 22:13 23 Mar 05

Show me the link for that printer

Thanks

beattyben 07:21 24 Mar 05

Hi Chaz10 the link is www1.euro.dell.com/content then follow the link to printers, view printers side by side. good luck

georgemac © 10:16 24 Mar 05

click here this link should work

georgemac © 10:18 24 Mar 05

but just looked at the link for the replacement cartridges, very expensive, makes this a bad deal IMHO - I'll stick with my canon with compatibles at under £2 each.

Stuartli 17:03 24 Mar 05

No such thing as a free lunch...:-)

beattyben 17:28 24 Mar 05

georgemac and Stuartli, yes the replacements are expensive but aren't all Lexmark cartridges, as I said in my message to pj123, I'll refill them, wait until compatibles come down in price or dump the printer. I thought that this was Lexmarks marketing ploy, cheap printers that cost next to nothing and ridiculously priced cartridges.

georgemac © 18:01 24 Mar 05

hope it goes well for you - I tried refilling one of my very first printers - an epson 500 - there was more ink on my fingers than in the cartridge :-) ever since then I've avoided refilling.

If you can order 5 printers this would be cheaper than replacing the cartridges!

beattyben 18:51 24 Mar 05

Hiya georgemac, I have an Epson C80 and have managed (dare I say it) to sucessfully refill the cartridges but you're right at less the 10 quid per printer it's probably cheaper and less greif than refilling.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…