Dell - Pathetic Customer Service or what

pspence 11:28 16 Jan 03
  pspence 11:28 16 Jan 03

This is a major gripe. I made an order with Dell about 6 weeks ago and my order got delayed. Meantime my landlord decided to sell his house and i had to find somewhere else to live. After about 25 phonecalls to dell, being told something different everytime, 5 weeks later they eventually agree to change the delivery address. I was given a date for delivery, on which the machine didnt show. I was told they didnt know why but was given a second date. Having taken my second personal holiday day off work, the machine yet again didnt arrive. Again i was told they didnt know why but was given a third date. I asked for compensation for my time off work, to be told that they dont give compensation. So 6 weeks, 25+ phonecalls to staff that dont have a clue,10 emails (unanswered), later. Still no machine. I have since cancelled my order and went with Evesham. My advice is dodge Dell with a very big bargepole. The customer service is disgusting for a big company.

hoverman 11:42 16 Jan 03

Be prepared for the FE to lock your thread after suggesting we dodge (meaning boycott)a company.

pspence 11:51 16 Jan 03

I am only telling it how it is, how many people have to post something about Dell on here b4 they actually do something, i think the company and the people who work for them are clueless morons

hoverman 11:57 16 Jan 03

It does not matter how peeved you are about quality of service you are leaving PC Advisor open to legal action for stating libellous remarks. I suggest you aplogise to the FE.

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 11:58 16 Jan 03

Oh dear, not the best way to post a thread. expect a visit from the FE soon, you will get far better results if you post your problems in a logical and calm manner

pspence 12:07 16 Jan 03

I did not realise that i was not supposed to say to dodge a company. But it doesnt take away what i was griping about and as for calm to get results. No matter what i say here, i will not get results from Dell. I just want others to know what to expect from Dell.

Sir Radfordin™ 12:36 16 Jan 03

I can't see anything wrong with the comments made, pspence has given his opinion and not made a statement that we should not buy from Dell.

My advice would also be to consider carefully buying a computer from Dell, unless you are a large business who plans on spending large amounts with them each year.

Couldn't agree more that Dells customer service is often lacking when dealing with small customers.

hoverman 12:51 16 Jan 03

If "My advice is dodge Dell with a very big bargepole." is not an incitement to boycott I do not know what is. I say again that the Site policy statement is not conspicuous enough.

hoverman 12:53 16 Jan 03

If "My advice is dodge Dell with a very big bargepole." is not an incitement to boycott I do not know what is. I say again that the Site policy statement is not conspicuous enough. I do not dispute pspence's right to make his frustration known on this Forum but not to include such remarks.

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 12:57 16 Jan 03

sir radfordin

sorry to disagree but "My advice is dodge Dell with a very big bargepole. The customer service is disgusting for a big company." and ", i think the company and the people who work for them are clueless morons " are the sort of comments that are regarded as no no's

Whilst I am prone to agree that the number of complaints with regard to Dell is increasing, and some of the threads make for very scary reading it has been said many times in the past keep it concise and free of "libelous" comments.

I agree with hoverman not the best way to post

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…