Dell order problem...

ohyesblah 10:13 28 Apr 06

I have recently tried to order a M1710 laptop from dell & I have had so much trouble with their call centre in India. I cannot get a good offer online & have asked to speak to someone in the UK or Ireland but it seems they always send you back to India. I had an order & customer number but, they got the spec wrong & 6 long phone calls later they still can't seem to rectify the problem. HELP..... A UK PHONE NUMBER PLEASE...

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:20 28 Apr 06

Why don't you just order online...Dell rarely give discounts unless there is a promotion code number.

G

spuds 10:26 28 Apr 06

You could try one of these numbers:

Home Sales 0870 907 5818
General Sales 0870 152 4699
Customer Care General Enquiries 0870 906 0010
Order Status 0870 907 4712

Woolwell 12:32 28 Apr 06

Dell used to be quite good and I bought several PC's with no problem but recently I had a very similar experience to you.
All of the numbers given by Spuds will end up with an Indian call centre. I could not find a UK operator except when the item was about to be delivered when you could speak to the delivery firm. E-mail worked better and I achieved more through that than by phone. I also found that it was nigh on impossible to get an answer at weekends. I also had the wrong spec in my order. The only way out that I could find was to cancel the order and ask for a refund which took 2 weeks to come and had to be chased.
My advice is cancel the current order and start again. If you continue the Dell route then use on-line but the snag with that is that you cannot negotiate any discounts.
Make sure that you get the sales reps name and their direct phone line. This can improve things although in my case the sales person was next to useless.
I bought elsewhere this time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…