Dell or Del(ete) my order

MickLey 20:40 20 Jun 03

In January this year, I ordered a computer from Dell with the intention of paying by Girobank direct debit card. To date the order has still not been processed.

I live in Spain, (my PC Advisor is delivered by frequent travellers ? an arrangement that works well having had only one hiccup in the last twelve months, two editions of the Spring issue!) and my frustration over the last 6 months would be eased somewhat if you could throw some light on the matter for me.

Dell were informed of my residence situation from the moment I ordered, my credit card is registered at my Spanish address, drawn on a UK bank in pounds sterling. After ordering on-line I received three letters each with a different confirmation order number, I immediately contacted Dell to inform that I required only one computer. This action triggered a series of frustrating events:

·16th Jan, an e-mail from Hugo requesting I ring for a clarification
·29th Jan, an e-mail from customer services ? Hugo is asked to ring me by customer services, he explains to customer services he is unable to do so because the customer is in Spain
·3rd Feb, an e-mail apology from Hugo explaining he doesn?t have the facility to ring Spain, requests my credit card details as they have been ?lost?, offers to include a discount for hassle and delay
·4th Feb, an e-mail from Hugo requesting my UK address (which I do not have)
·5th Feb, an e-mail from Hugo explaining that he thought my Spanish address was a secondary address and he was unable to raise an order without a UK address, however, if I were to contact the credit card company and register a temporary UK address he could supply

I sent an e-mail to customer services requesting an explanation why an international company of Dell?s status is unable to supply me and Dell?s inability to contact me by telephone because I live in Spain, also explaining that I previously bought from Dell whilst living in Germany (1997) at that time there was no problem and the computer is still being used by my grandchildren in the UK hence my desire to purchase another Dell.

Whilst I was out my wife received a telephone call from Ian asking if I still wanted the computer and promising to ring back after half an hour, he failed to follow up.

On 19th Feb Eanna contacted me by e-mail to introduce herself explaining she was standing in for Hugo and requested a contact number as she needed to speak with me asap, I complied and have heard nothing since.

Is it beyond the resources of an international company like Dell to supply to an English customer in Spain?

I have also supplied my details by e-mail to Mesh and Nicecomputers, they did not afford me the courtesy of a response.

Thank you PC Advisor for a platform to air my frustation.

Simsy 11:46 26 Nov 03

to find out how this ended, if it did?

Regards,

Simsy

MickLey 20:11 19 Feb 04

Hi Simsy, excuse the delay.
I bought a computer from Dell using my son's address in the UK. He explained the situation and they made a couple of concessions ie upgrade hard drive to 80Mb and DVD+RW. I spent approx £1450 excluding accessories.
The shipping estimates to Spain varied between £270 and £350 with the removal type carriers, I opted for Parcel Force costing £86 including £1500 insurance, it was delivered in 48hrs.
Thanks for your interest.
Best regards,
MickLey

Simsy 06:15 20 Feb 04

"patience of a saint" comes to mind!

I trust all is well.

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now