Dell Notebook Damaged - Replacement Needed

Ben Avery 16:57 01 Feb 05

G'day,

After a long time of happy use, my Dell has suffered a fatal blow in the form of a certain person knocking it to the floor, replacement inevitable. As it will (hopefully) be partly covered under my contents insurance I will be looking at about £1,000 to replace. I will be looking for the follwing as would appreciate suggestions and comments on my options so far...

* The laptop will be used for webdesign (Studio MX), photo/image editing (some graphics reach 100MB+ in design stage so I want a good graphics card), Office applications (incl. large databases) as well as being my main PC for SAGE accounting etc.

* It will at times be connected to a network (100mbps LAN at present but would like the option of wireless in the future).

* It will be travelling with me quite a bit but to be honest this is mostly done by car so weight is not a HUGE problem although I'm tempted to go the Mobile Pentium M route if possible.

I have been looking at Dell (I know I can trust them) and Acer but could do with suggestions.

Would this be a reasonable spec for what I need:

- 1.7Ghz (or faster) Pentium M Processor (or equiv)

- 512MB (or more) DDR RAM

- 40GB HDD (no need for larger really but speed would be nice

- Radeon 9600 (or equiv) graphics card

- CD/RW (Dual format DVD/RW preferred but not essential)

I've looked at the Dell Inspiron and Latitude range and can appear to get a good price on a D600 even if I go up to a 2GHz processor.

Any suggestions welcome.

Ben

Maverick81 18:02 02 Feb 05

If your not all that bothered about sticking with Dell give these websites a good look.

click here
click here
click here
click here
click here

Hope this helps

Mav

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…