Dell moving customer support to Glasgow.?

fuzzyone 18:51 09 Feb 05

Having just watched the early evening Scottish news, one report immediately caught my attention.

Dell, have apparently either bought or are leasing the old W H Wills ciggarette factory in Glasgow, with the intention of it being used as a "contact centre".

Does this mean, for sales only, or does it mean that customer support will be based here too.

I know Dell has a presence, here in the forum, would it be possible to throw some more light on this move,? or will we have to wait for the official announcement, supposedly next week.

fuzzyone 18:52 09 Feb 05

cigarette even.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:33 09 Feb 05

OMG!, I will never understand them now. ;-)))

fuzzyone 19:48 09 Feb 05

GANDALF <|:-)>

Aye ye wull.

igk 16:10 10 Feb 05

Makes a change from Bombay or whatever they call it these days! och aye the noo.

TomJerry 10:32 13 Feb 05

No matter where tech support is located. You will never see them face to face. The contacts between customers with them are just phone and email. So it makes no diference what so ever.

Forum Editor 10:55 13 Feb 05

that Dell support is run on a dynamic call allocation system, so when you phone them your call will be routed to any one of a number of call centres - not all of which are in Europe.

sidecar sid 20:49 14 Feb 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…