Dell laptop battery - £95 to replace!?

mcds01 18:11 PM 09 Feb 13

Hi,

After only 17 months the laptop on my dell Inspiron 15 Intel N5040 has packed in and will not charge at all.

Spoke to dell support and as its out of warranty they wont do any anything. They apparently only expect their batteries to last 12-18 months and say that is reasonable!

They directed me to a page on their website to purchase a new one. The price is a scandalous £95. Thats about a third of the price of the laptop!!

I've heard some horror stories about people buying cheap batteries elsewhere and them being fake, overheating, shorting out etc.

Does anyone know a reputable place to pick up a battery that wont cost a fortune!?

Many Thanks.

spuds 11:36 AM 10 Feb 13

You will never get a 'genuine own name branded battery' direct from a laptop manufacturer for a cheaper price or similar alternative elsewhere.

If you decide to purchase, always make certain what you are purchasing, where from, and what warranty is being offered, and get this in writing. If there are any reviews, then checked them out.

Sometimes you may find 'genuine' laptop manufacturer branded batteries, being sold as new or 'refurbished', and some of these might come from laptop returns, so it would be essential to check this out as well?.

961 15:36 PM 10 Feb 13

I bought from this guy 6 months ago. Doing fine

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Green-Reindeer

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites