Dell Inspiron 9300 Graphics (Laptop)

krimson 13:08 24 May 05

I'm just about to buy one of these from laptops from dell. I've had a desktop computer for a few years but still a total noob when it comes to specs. I spent ages choosing where and what to buy but just have a query regarding this option.

I've got the option of 3 different graphics cards:

3) 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Go graphics card, +£140

Does anyone know if the standard 64mb radeon is good enough for basic games and for good quality video when surfing the net, or should I pay the extra £70 for the 128mb. Basically I will be using the machine mainly for business but would like to have the option of gaming as well as good quality video.

Is the 64mb a half decent card?

garrema 13:27 24 May 05

click here

Put your CPU, graphic card details et. in the boxes and see what numbers other people are getting. If someone has tested the system you are buying then the numbers should be there. You can check to see if the other cards you have an option on are there also. As a very rough giude if you can get approx 2500 3D marks then games should be OK and very playable.

TomJerry 18:23 24 May 05

£70 option is not much improvement

If you want to play big boys' games such as Half Life 2, Doom 3 etc, you need to have £140 option

citadel 19:29 24 May 05

the 6800go is miles faster than the others and will play new games well.

Dan the Doctus 21:14 24 May 05

Agree, if you're serious about playing games then go for the 6800. I've got a 6200 and it rocks - a 6800 will blow your socks off!

krimson 22:25 24 May 05

Many thanks for the advice. Think I'll probably go the nvidia one. Don't plan on buying another one for many years so may as well splash out.

Thanks Again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…