Dell inspiron 15R laptop colour option

User-FDC07564-0E01-E1AB-7E32249B1CE544CF 18:17 PM 02 May 13

I am not used to these type of things so am not sure if i am on the correct forum. AS a family we wanted our first lap top so we purchased P C Advisor. Read reviews umed and ahhed. Finally decided on A dell Inspiron as reviewed in the may issue, in the lovely blue on the cover of pc magazine. When i tried to purchase this from Dell was told sorry we dont do colours. When i challenged this n said your website says you do. they then said sorry not available. The hve been singularly unhelpful an unable to say when or if they will ever be available again. This may seem like a daft grouch. But the blue is lovely and after seeing it dont really fancy the silver. after dells unhelpfulness feel like buying another make altogether. But have no idea laptop would match up to thhis we were going to get the dell inspiron 15R with i 5 processor and 8gb of ram and 1tb of hard drive.can anyone advise an old lady?

Nontek 18:45 PM 02 May 13

You are on the right forum .... but a bit more info might help, especially to answer What is your Budget?

Also, please click on your MY PROFILE at top left of this page and change your Forum Name to something shorter - all those numbers don't mean a thing and upset the general format of the page.

Good luck and Welcome to the forum!

Nontek 18:47 PM 02 May 13

Ooops, sorry your MY PROFILE is nearer the center of the page!

toffee1988 20:05 PM 02 May 13

not sure if you are being funny. but i have no idea how to change my forum name this is the one i was given if you explain how to change it to some thing shorter i will. lap top budget 500ish. thanks

toffee1988 20:07 PM 02 May 13

Hey am not quite as daft as i thought. managed to change forum name. Yes you are right it is whats inside that counts.

Nontek 21:07 PM 02 May 13

Click here ...

1: http://www.novatech.co.uk/laptop/?s=1 Have a look at these from Novatech, if you see any you like, click on More Details and then choose your Operating System from the drop-down menu underneath where it says Price. Win7 is best IMHO. Novatech guarantee no Bloatware, and excellent after-sales service.

Nontek 21:09 PM 02 May 13

Dunno how that happened, but DO NOT click on the red 'Click here', click on the Novatech URL!

Unfortunately these forums do not include the ability to edit Posts.

mart7 22:50 PM 02 May 13

Your spec is quite high for £500,on the Novatech site if you chose the 15" £429 laptop add the windows 7 at £91 its just over £500 but its only 4gb ram,and a 500gb drive,to meet your specs add another 4gb ram £21,upgrade the hard drive to 1tb £21,Total approx £550

I personally think this is an all round better value laptop,only 6gb ram,750gb drive,i3 processor not i5 but its a 17" screen

http://www.ebuyer.com/398427-samsung-350e7c-laptop-np350e7c-a05uk

mart7 15:46 PM 03 May 13

Or even this one which fits your spec exactly for £463

http://www.ebuyer.com/466086-hp-pavilion-g6-2382sa-laptop-d0y14ea-abu

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites