Dell Inspiron 1545 Vs Acer Aspire 5551 ??????

amyh 11:12 19 Aug 10

I am looking to get a laptop for university and have narrowed it down to either a dell or a acer.

Dell: click here

Acer: click here

The Dell is cheaper and faster (i think)but doesn't come with any software installed, but i'd have to install software anyway, as with a laptop you only get given a trial version.

So basically, i need advice from someone who could look at the specs for each and suggest which one would be better please..

Thanks
Amy

Taurus 23:25 19 Aug 10

Sorry, your links aren't working but if it's any help, I have never owned an Acer, but I have had Dell machines and have one now. I can say, from my personal experience that Dell machines are robust, well made and very reliable and the aftersales service is second to none. I would be hard pushed to buy anything but a Dell in future.

Good luck at Uni.

Dragon_Heart 01:36 20 Aug 10

... it's not nice to cross post !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…