DELL Finance Problems

Timbo 10:45 22 Jan 03
  Timbo 10:45 22 Jan 03

Just thought I would let you know about the problems I've had with DELL finance. I bought a DELL PC 2 years ago (quite happy with it). I opted for DELL finance. Everything seemed to go smoothly until I got a letter from DELL informing me that I was in arrears and no payments had been received. I checked with DELL and it seemed that an 'internal system' error resulted in my direct debit not being set up. So, I had to restructure the finance and send DELL another direct debit mandate. All seemed fine, until last week when I received phone call and a letter from a debt collection agency acting for DELL finance. Apparently the direct debit had again failed to be set up by DELL and so for nearly 2 years I hadn't paid anything! (I know I should have checked my bank statements, but I only tend to look for payments that shouldn't be there, not ones that are missing!). God knows why DELL didn't contact me earlier!
I've now cleared the balance.

oresome 21:04 22 Jan 03

It doesn't end there.
You'll now be on record with one or more credit rating agencies and may well be refused credit in the future as a result.

Forum Editor 23:01 22 Jan 03

I find it hard to understand how anyone can go for almost 2 years without realising that payments weren't being made.

Of course Dell were at fault for failing to set up the direct debit, but a debt's a debt, and the fact that they didn't take their money for two years should have sounded a warning bell at some point.

I hope that doesn't sound too harsh - it isn't intended to be, but there's not much one can say. Dell made a mistake, and now it's been rectified. It's unlikely that you'll have a bad record with Experian, or other credit-referencing agencies, because Dell would need to report you to them for that to happen, and I doubt that they did so. You might want to check to make sure though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac