DELL Finance Problems

Timbo 10:45 22 Jan 03
  Timbo 10:45 22 Jan 03

Just thought I would let you know about the problems I've had with DELL finance. I bought a DELL PC 2 years ago (quite happy with it). I opted for DELL finance. Everything seemed to go smoothly until I got a letter from DELL informing me that I was in arrears and no payments had been received. I checked with DELL and it seemed that an 'internal system' error resulted in my direct debit not being set up. So, I had to restructure the finance and send DELL another direct debit mandate. All seemed fine, until last week when I received phone call and a letter from a debt collection agency acting for DELL finance. Apparently the direct debit had again failed to be set up by DELL and so for nearly 2 years I hadn't paid anything! (I know I should have checked my bank statements, but I only tend to look for payments that shouldn't be there, not ones that are missing!). God knows why DELL didn't contact me earlier!
I've now cleared the balance.

oresome 21:04 22 Jan 03

It doesn't end there.
You'll now be on record with one or more credit rating agencies and may well be refused credit in the future as a result.

Forum Editor 23:01 22 Jan 03

I find it hard to understand how anyone can go for almost 2 years without realising that payments weren't being made.

Of course Dell were at fault for failing to set up the direct debit, but a debt's a debt, and the fact that they didn't take their money for two years should have sounded a warning bell at some point.

I hope that doesn't sound too harsh - it isn't intended to be, but there's not much one can say. Dell made a mistake, and now it's been rectified. It's unlikely that you'll have a bad record with Experian, or other credit-referencing agencies, because Dell would need to report you to them for that to happen, and I doubt that they did so. You might want to check to make sure though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…