Dell driving me mad

Kate B 14:28 17 Apr 05

Last weekend I ordered a 24" monitor from Dell and by Monday the order status screen was suggesting that it would be delivered sometime around the middle of the week. Hurray, I thought.

Since then the estimated delivery date has slipped three times and is now showing the 22nd. What worries me is that the status of the order - "in production as at April 11" has not changed once since I placed the order.

I emailed customer care asking what was happening - no blimmin' response, not even an automated acknowledgment. I've just tried to ring and spent several irritating moments wading through the "choose this option" stuff we must all live with these days.

Finally I get through to an order status line, punch in my order number correctly only to be told by the robot voice that it doesn't exist. So I select the "if you want to speak to a customer representative, press 2" choice - and they're SHUT on Sunday afternoon. Perhaps I should have realised that but the combination of the slipping date, the lack of response to my email and having to wade through all those options before I discover that nobody can deal with me this side of Monday means I'm on the verge of cancelling my order.

Is this an isolated rubbish experience?

Forum Editor 16:07 17 Apr 05

Kate, but it's YOUR current one, and I'm with you on the frustration level.

All I can suggest is that you bash away at Dell on monday - not much help I know, but I can't think what other options you have, apart from cancelling your order, and I doubt that you really want to do that.

Kate B 17:36 17 Apr 05

Thanks for the supportive voice - I'll let you know how I get on.

pj123 17:54 17 Apr 05

Know how you feel. Had a problem over the weekend with another supplier. Website says office hours are Mon-Fri 9-5 Sat-Sun 10-4.

Tried ringing Saturday 1350 but got message.

Office is closed. Please ring Mon-Fri between the hours of 9-5. No mention of Sat and Sun.

Maverick81 10:07 18 Apr 05

Its at times like these where you wish "Dell" was available in the shops at least then you could get your hands on the screen !!!

Cheers

Mav

Jackcoms 13:08 18 Apr 05

I can understand why you are buying from Dell. You may pay a bit more, but you are paying for a quality product.

I wouldn't use anybody else.

HOWEVER, Dell have never been noted for having the best customer service.

mcds01 16:00 18 Apr 05

I hate Dell!!

This forum has quite an interesting thread regarding Dell. I have explained my many experiences with them on there so no point repeating myself:

click here

I am the user "TopDog" if anyones interested.

Forum Editor 19:23 18 Apr 05

one of the best monitors to see the light of day since Mr. Sunblest first thought of selling bread that was already sliced is probably a reason for putting up with a tiny bit of hassle - but only a tiny bit.

(Cue for lots of posts about the real inventor of sliced bread).

Mr Mistoffelees 20:17 18 Apr 05
  Forum Editor 21:21 18 Apr 05

I can't wait for my next dinner party conversation.

"Pass the bread please, which reminds me, do you know when sliced bread was invented - and where?"

Kate B 00:02 19 Apr 05

Annoyingly I forgot to take the details of the order to work with me this morning so haven't chased Dell but I did come home to a "We tried to deliver" slip from a courier, which I earnestly hope is indeed the monitor that is better than sliced bread. (Actually, I dislike white sliced, but you get my point.) More tomorrow ...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…