//some 3rd party need geo

Dell Dimension - Any Better For Under £1250?

Peter Cavan 16:37 08 Jun 03

Hi
I saw the below on dell.co.uk. Can anybody find a better system including delivery to NI for under £1250?

Standard Features: Intel 875P chipset with support for Intel® Pentium ® 4
processors with 800MHz system bus Dual Channel DDR mini-tower with 8 USB 2.0 ports, 4 PCI slots and AGP 8x slotIntergrated
10/100 Pro Ethernet Network Card Norton AntiVirus 2003
Enhanced Support Packs: 1 Year Collect and Return Service
Processor Upgrade: Intel Pentium 4 Processor 2.80GHz (800FSB)
Memory: 512MB Dual Channel DDR 400 (2x256MB) (+ 1.44MB Floppy Drive
Hard Drive: 120GB IDE Hard Drive (7200 rpm)
Monitor: Dell 17" UltraScan (15.9" VIS) Monitor
Video Card: 128MB ATI Radeon 9800 Graphics Card
CD ROM, DVD, Read-Write Drives : 16x DVD Rom & 48x/24x/48x
CD-Rewriter
Sound Card: Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 Sound Card
Speakers: Altec lansing 745 Speakers with Subwoofer
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Modem: Dell 56k Data/Fax/Voice Modem
Digital Photography: Dell Picture Studio Standard Edition
Software: Microsoft Works 7.0
Keyboard: Dell enhanced multimedia keyboard
Mouse: Logitech Optical 2 Btn Scroll USB Mouse Whl
Super Game Selection: Logitech Wingman Digital 3D Extreme
Dell Games Packs V

Any better?

Thanks
Peter Cavan

P.S. I will be buying my new PC about the 20th June.

Dimension 8300 3.0GHz
peter try this machine....
go to dell and enter the e code...200 d52rev.
With the offers and the up or down grades you can make this pc about as expensive as the one you want.
I'll be ordering mine before thursday :o)
hope this helps

Peter Cavan 20:54 10 Jun 03

Thanks for the advice, but a lot of the options are set in that machine so I can't get it below £1500 without having no monitor or something else.

hi peter
enter the e-code then remove the 3 year service
on the front page of the site they have a offer for free delivery usually £57 and £100 off the dimention 8300
I've managed to get the system down to £1390.37
take away your £100
It should be 1290.37
I did add a firewire port for £13(dell)hope this helps

geordiegraham 22:59 11 Jun 03

I'm pretty close to ordering the e-code machine - is there any essential upgrade/option that should definitely be taken with it?

geordiegraham
dell have new offers as of friday 13th june
double memory: (i gig ye ha) FREE
64 meg usb pen drive FREE
delivery free (£57.58 inc vat)
i added a floppy drive for £5+vat
and dell move studio for £13+vat (to hook up my dv camcorder)
the price i have got is £1395.24
if you can aford it get a 2nd hard drive dont know the price.
hope this helps i've still not ordered yet but its real soon some offers finish on thursady 18 june

joeljackson 22:47 15 Jun 03

I saw the E-Value Code posted and checked out the spec of the Dell Dimension 8300 PC mentioned. Compared to an identical spec on the Dell 'Home & Home Office' section this deal saved hundreds of pounds. Is this deal just too good to be true? I want to purchase a particular spec of the E-Value, 200 d52rev PC, but noticed that when i typed in the code i was brought to a subtly different, 'Business Centre' section and not the 'Home & Home Office' page. I want to order the PC through my home (as a home user) but are there any limitations in this particular deal, e.g. must you order the computer as a business client and not a home user etc.???

flick 23:30 15 Jun 03

It makes no difference whether you order as a home user or business client except that the prices for identically specified machines can vary by substantial amounts of money.

My advice, for what it's worth, is to check the pricing of what you want on both the home and business sites as well as any e-value codes plus or minus the things you do/don't want. Print off your final quote.

Then ring up and go through the whole thing with a salesman who will at the very least match any online pricing you have obtained and may well have some other 'free' offers up his sleeve.
If the package has something you don't really want, suggest swapping for more memory, say, or a better printer.

Get him to email your quote and go through it very carefully. Compare with your online quote. Keep going back until you have the spec and price you want. Negotiate. While you are a potential sale you have his full attention - once you have agreed the deal and given your credit card details it is next to impossible to change anything.

I'm speaking from recent experience having just bought a 8300 desktop and inspiron 8500 laptop from them. Delivery was last Monday (1 week from ordering) and so far everything is working just fine, I had a less good experience last October when I bought a laptop from them - I learnt my lesson.
My complaint was not with the hardware, which is excellent, but the various pricing policies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…