Dell Dimension E520
Viiv Core 2 Duo Processor E6300
Windows Vista Home Premium
1 GB RAM
320GB Hardrive
ATI Radeon X1300 Pro 256MB
19" Flat screen monitor
Keyboard and Mouse

I have come home and had a message on the answer phone saying it will be delivered this Friday (4 days early). However the problem is most of the day no one will be in to collect the order. After 4PM in the afternoon however I shall be home, does anyone know if its possible to arrange them to come at a certain time i.e after 4pm?

Jackcoms 20:33 28 Mar 07

"does anyone know if its possible to arrange them to come at a certain time i.e after 4pm?

Yes, Dell will know.

Have you bothered to contact them?

Jamfocus 20:37 28 Mar 07

I am planning on contact them tomorrow morning.

I'd be interested however know if any users have been able to arrange specific times.

puma22 20:43 28 Mar 07

I've just taken delivery of a dell laptop. I received a 'phone call from the logistics people who gave the day of delivery and then asked when I owuld like it; the option was am or pm. I could also track it online from the dell website. It might be worth having a go at tracking, but like jackcoms says, give them a 'phone.

spuds 21:38 28 Mar 07

Sometimes the courier Dell uses will phone to arrange delivery either mornings 8am/12.30pm or afternoons 12.30/6pm.But best try and phone for confirmation, if possible.

Woolwell 22:25 28 Mar 07

It took me 3 attempts to get them to deliver am and only after strong words on the telephone. The problem lies not really with Dell but the courier service they use.
My experience is that they will only give am or pm not after 4 pm.
The tracking via website is good but eventually will only tell you it is on the van and then it depends on the driver.

ventanas 17:09 29 Mar 07

Have had some mixed experiences. Last week I should have had an am delivery which didn't appear. On ringing Walsh Western they informed that the driver had reported no one at home, which was rubbish. He was ordered to return and arrived about 2.30pm smelling of alcohol and with a woman in the van and a couldn't care less attitude..
Needless to say all this went back to WW and to Dell. Hopefully he's now out of a job.

Other delivery arrangements have been fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…