Dell Computers ordering on line

tunny 13:53 05 Jan 04

My daughter placed an order online with Dell at their website. She requested finance, duly completed the application form and received email stating that she had been approved for credit. The email also gave a ID No. That was on the 16 Dec 03. allowing for Xmas rush etc. still heard nothing. Two phone calls later quoting the ID No. (which means nothing according to the speaker on Dells Customer service line)and after promise of "24hrs get back to me". AND sending email on Dells web page to complaints department. Time has run out.....DELL stink if they spent less money on fancy advertising and more money on getting the order system sorted, well who knows. I'm off to buy a SONY computer. If Dell do get back to me I shall retract all this.

bfoc 16:45 05 Jan 04

I placed an order for a laptop, with additions, on 30th December with Dell. I did it on-line but then placed it over the phone. I also applied for 12 months interest free credit.

I've just checked on-line and it is in transit to me, I phoned the carriers and it should be delivered on Wednesday.

So it would seem clear that there is a major problem with your daughter's order. The first order number I got was a 'booking number' not an order number, but Dell later gave me an order number.

I'm not surprised your upset, they really should keep you informed.

tunny 20:55 06 Jan 04

Dell never phoned me or got back to my email on their site within the promised 4hrs. But here is how I got through to them in the end. So angry didn't want to let it drop so on the first page of PC Advisor is Dells telephone number. Called it said I wanted to purchase a computer and was put through to "sales" I think. Made it clear I wanted finance transfered to, yes that elusive department finance. Told they needed a few details and I replied "would a lease ID No. do? Period of silence...asked for ID talking to a lovely lady...she Has promised to phone back on Saturday....and she has given me her extension number.
Things are looking up.....let you all know the outcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…