Dell computers

Noldi 19:23 15 Aug 05

A relative asked advice on buying a computer and as I have purchased several Lap tops from Dell it seemed a good offer. But this machine came complete with bundled software Windows XP etc. (All the Lap tops I have purchased have been without software) This machine has caused several problems with Outlook and the internet connection and as I was visiting the area I decided to pay a visit after a quick inspection I noticed that Dell has not even partioned the Hard drive. Is this normal practice for a machine with bundled software or is it just Dell?

XP and some downloaded free office software all is now running correctly.

Noldi

Completealias 22:31 15 Aug 05

A friend of mine purchased a dimension 2400 which came with software the hard drive was not partion just c: drive with 40gig of space.

It had to be sent off to be repaired in the first couple of months, a new hard drive was needed. When it came back they hadn't connected the floppy drive back up so I had to do this no biggy but there suposed to be the professionals.

If your laptop didn't come with any software then prehaps this explains the partioning, the extra partion on your laptop probably held the recovery options for your laptop?

Noldi 18:14 16 Aug 05

My laptops I always have my own Hard drive formated and partioned by the IT department as I use expensive software and expect it to run to perfection. But my point is with todays large hard drive I would have thought them to be partioned as normal practice by a company selling computers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…