Dell assembly great, delivery poor...

Graham John 19:18 24 May 08

Took a long time deciding which laptop to buy and decided on a Dell Inspiron 1525 as I could choose the components that suited me. Ordered it on a Thursday evening, it went into production on the Friday and all the way through to packaging and despatch by the end of the day. However, it then slowed to a crawl. OK, it was Bank Holiday Monday but it took Walsh Western until the following Thursday to get it to Edinburgh, and then almost went backwards! Assured of a Friday am delivery I waited and waited only to find it was 'on hold in depot'. They then promised a pm delivery, it didn't turn up, was assured I could pick it up Saturday but by now everyone had gone home and no-one picked up the phone on Saturday. Eventually mid-morning Monday it arfrived, no warning, no call to check there was anyone there.

Complained to Dell who said they would investigate, still waiting for an answer..... Beware, Dell may be good, their carriers are a different story.

Clapton is God 21:05 24 May 08

So, in fact, your thread title should correctly read:

"Dell assembly great, Walsh Western delivery poor"

Shouldn't it?

rdave13 21:38 24 May 08

Not really as Dell are responsible for delivering the PC. If the delivery company are not capable then it's up to Dell to follow up complaints and chase them up. If they are not competant in their duties then Dell has the option to change companies.
Onus fair and square on Dell.

Binnacle 10:20 25 May 08

My new Dell, which I bought last month ,was ordered on a monday and delivered as promised first thing on the thursday .
Very good service.

darkreign 10:43 25 May 08

...for my 1720. And a month later it developed problems (not worth the wait, methinks).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…