dell again

fitcher 18:05 25 Jan 05

why did dell not give me a recovery disc with my new laptop .(a norton ghost partition is not going to help if I replace the windows xp, or hard drive ),also why do they not give driver discs for graphics and the onboard sound ..yes I have down loaded them .in case I need them ,but I feel they will be incompatable with say,,- win 2000-,,If I am wrong in my assuption... sorry dell ,,

spikeychris 18:23 25 Jan 05

You're slightly off mark with this. Ghosted partitions can do the same as recovery disks. How big is the partition?

Forum Editor 18:43 25 Jan 05

a recovery disk would be of no use to you either - that would only work with the hard drive on which the factory installation was made. I'm not sure what you mean when you mention driver incompatibilities with Windows 2000 - why would you want to run that operating system when you have WindowsXP?

Perhaps you can clarify the problem for us, and we may be of more help.

I've moved this thread from Speakers Corner by the way, it didn't really belong there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…