Dell after service service

Bike-it 22:39 06 Jul 09

I recently bought three laptops from Dell, and two of them recently started to have problems, No 1 Laptop. The AC power adaptor stopped working so i emailed Dell on a Monday evening and they replied the next day looking for the product number, i had a new AC adaptor the next day.
No 2 Laptop. the lid would not close properly so again i emailed them they asked a few questions, and as i use my laptop every day i arranged for an engineer to call at my home to fix the problem, he arrived on time was very polite and professional fixed the problem, and looked for any other problems..
The next day their customer service dept rang me to see if i was happy with the service.
I can only praise Dell for their after sales service and i hope this continues.

retep888 02:24 07 Jul 09

When my 30" Dell monitor develope a DVI port fault, one phone call to their service dept.,explained to their engineer what the fault was and what I've tried to retify it.

He said ok,looks like you've done what we normally tell client to do,we'll sent you a replacement.

He then took my details and next day morning,a spanking monitor was delivered to me and took away the faulty one.

Next day the same engineer phoned me to make sure everything was ok,what a service.

JanetO 08:54 07 Jul 09

I've found Dell uk service is excellent. But I believe in the US it's useless.

laurie53 09:22 07 Jul 09

Don't wish to rain on anyone's parade, but I would go back to a Psion before I ever used Dell again.

You speak as you find, of course.

recap 18:34 07 Jul 09

I have dealt with Dell for a number of years now and have never had a bad experience with their customer service.

spuds 19:11 08 Jul 09

That what as been previously stated "You speak as you find". Over the years I have made many Dell purchased, usually by discount voucher codes and special email offers.

Not so much customer services but more of the sales methods Dell used, that changed my views of that company and their overseas sales centre.

Wanting a laptop fairly urgently,I contacted the ever faithful Dell (after having a price problem on-line) regarding a sale. Dell sales simply refused to match a voucher offer and I was rather disappointed, so stated that I would go elsewhere. Three phones calls from Dell sales within a two hour period, stating that they would lower the price, still didn't result in a sale, because their lower price offers, still didn't match the voucher offer that I had at the time.

What was that voucher offer!. It was for free carriage (something that had been promoted frequently at that time, and I had used on other occasions). Yet Dell wanted £60.00 delivery charge with reductions at their third telephone call to £30.00 (managers approval!). Still not acceptable so I made the point clear to the sales person, and purchased a laptop from Ebuyer within the hour and received next day free delivery and some extras for the same price of the Dell laptop with similar specifications.

That affair, made a rather bitter taste towards Dell and our previous good relationship.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video