dell 17" widescreen tv/monitor

claudine 13:42 04 Mar 04

I am thinking of buying one. Has anyone tried it? It seems v cheap so I wondered....

mdshamilton 14:58 04 Mar 04

Be aware that there is no digital TV tuner in the monitor - you still have to plug it into a freeview decoder. Philips and Panasonic also do not include a digital receiver/decoder in their LCD TVs. I'm going to wait another year until LCD TV makers decide to wake up and include it.

Who wants to spend £500-£700 on a sleek new LCD TV to then have another box and another remote?

SEASHANTY 15:25 04 Mar 04

A link might have helped
click here

claudine 18:39 04 Mar 04

sorry I missed the link off : ( It would be for a media centre desktop, to act as a monitor as well, and so I can use the digital part of that to pick up freeview no?

nooney 19:23 04 Mar 04

I am using a LG Flatron Monitor/Tv and it works great.
It has lots of facilities whioch make life easier and the quality is very good.
I replaced a CRT TV and TFT monitor with this single unit and in my opinion it's the way to go.

SEASHANTY 15:39 05 Mar 04

No I do not think that you will get FREEVIEW using the digital monitor input. It needs to have a Freeview digital tuner to pick up the additional channels and very few of the current crop of LCD TV Monitors have this facility. As regards the Dell you might be better off with the LG RZ17LZ10 which is a 17" widescreen TV/monitor
click here
to check out the specification and price but it is less than £500 here and with free delivery
click here

rickf 15:51 05 Mar 04

I am using a Relysis 1720 17" widescreen which includes a tv tuner and it works great. Very nice design too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…