dell

reddwarfcrew 14:09 09 May 04

couple of questions.

1. What are the dell printer/scanners like? Are they a major manufacturers just branded as dell (ie is it really a lexmark that takes standard lexmark cartridges etc)

2. Does anyone know if you can order a product brochure from them as I just can't see any link on their website.

Rayuk 15:02 09 May 04

They are made by Lexmark one thing to note there was a thread concerning the fact there were no drivers for use with Windows98.

Have a look here
click here

spuds 16:21 09 May 04

Like most computer manufacturers, they source their printers,scanners etc from other volume outlets, so it is a case usually of a re-badged item.

A PCA forum posting recently covered Dell products, and I replied concerning the NHS special purchase package.I noticed that whilst this package contained the Dell computer system, the printer side was supplied by Brother.

I doubt if they will supply any product brochures, especially if the item is from another manufacturer. To find out, you could contact Dell via 0870 907 5976 or click here

spuds 16:32 09 May 04

As Rayuk states, the Dell printers are actually Lexmark.Very good printers but low capacity, heavy user cartridges.Lexmark sell to a number of other product manufacturers, who do not make their own printers, so re-badged.Kodak are one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now