Delivery-should i check contents before i sign?

Tick Tock 1 09:21 09 Feb 06

Just bought a monitor on-line from e-buyer waiting next couple of days for delivery should i check contents or sign the delivery note as unchecked,what if the delivery driver insists he has to push on because he is behind schedule because to many people have checked the contents,what would you do?

gooberfish 09:28 09 Feb 06

just sign it unchecked and you are covered.

Pamy 09:29 09 Feb 06

I would check the contents were all there and were as you ordered.

Pamy 09:31 09 Feb 06

women are far less trusting than men

Skills 09:42 09 Feb 06

I have recived goods from ebuyer before and they told me to write unchecked next to where you sign and thats ok.

jimv7 10:00 09 Feb 06

From personal experience, sign checked or unchecked you still are not covered, having signed for a delivery and wrote 'contents not checked' from scan computers, as posted on this forum, the cpu was missing when the parcell was opened.

It took some months and a court case before scan refunded any money.

Always check the contents in front of the delivery driver before signing.

spuds 11:09 09 Feb 06

The delivery driver is not going to hang around while you plug in the monitor and see if it works. I have found that most delivery drivers will wait while you open the box and inspect for breakages, providing that you are not going to take more than 10/15 minutes to do a check.I tend to find the driver is more responsive, when they have delivered most of their goods.Being the first delivery, when the driver as 50 other items to deliver, isn't going to be a good time for doing a complete inspection process. Going on a daily delivery routine, including items from Ebuyer, I find 'Contents not examined'Box damaged,contents not checked' usually suffices.But take note what the supplier states on their website. Some provide special instructions regarding deliveries and acceptance, and non-compliance can lead to delays in making a claim.

After inspection, and any items are found faulty, then get in touch with the suppliers immediately.Even if the delivery driver is aware of damage.

Some courier companies use electronic devices for signature and timed deliveries. If the driver states that they cannot provide space for notification of damaged goods, then I always insist that they do, and in most cases they will provide. I have even put 'damaged' in the signature column on the hand held machine.

Tick Tock 1 17:04 09 Feb 06

I had a e-mail to say you will be asked to sign that the goods arrived in good condition at that point check the contents,if you can not check at that time
you must tick the unchecked box failure to do so may
affect any warrenty claim.I hope there is no problem of course.

dth 12:40 10 Feb 06

I always just sign and add 'goods unexamined'.

Tick Tock 1 15:50 11 Feb 06

Visibly damaged goods still have to be signed for and ticked as damaged on delivery note and sent back
by yourself and returns charges refunded is this right.

ade.h 21:35 11 Feb 06

The last time that I had a package of significant value - a big bunch of upgrade stuff of about £450 value - it was delivered by Parcelforce. When I said "hold on while I check the contents" I was told "sorry, you have to sign for it while it's sealed". I didn't argue the point as at least the box was undamaged, so the only risk was of missing parts. But I did wonder afterwards whether this policy was Parcelforce's standard procedure and whether it was common among delivery companies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now