deliveries (wrongly posted in helproom)

harps1h 23:51 26 Apr 04

today i received my monitor from click here, on schedule, but my gripe would be with the courier, in this not parcelforce but the other firm that company uses.
delivery is meant to be signed unchecked to allow for any possible damage in transit. however this very expensive monitor was not only left without gaining a signature but also left out in the back garden where anybody could have gained access.

a less honest person could say that they didn't receive their goods, but i would be more interested in knowing who "signed" for this as on the courier web site apparently i did. this may be a bit difficult as at the time i "signed" i was 25 miles away at my work. i know that this a bit of a rant but i felt that in light of having to pay an extra £15 to get it sent to northern ireland i had to say something as this seems to be a current topic on the forum. perhaps fe would like to add something about this as he has been quite vocal on the subject

Forum Editor 07:10 27 Apr 04

with your 'click here' so we don't know who the supplier is.

The courier was wrong to leave the monitor in your back garden - that much is obvious - and you're right to complain. I hope you've complained to the courier company concerned, and to the original supplier (who can't know unless dissatisfied customers speak up).

I assume that the monitor's OK, in which case all's well that ends well, but it's an unsatisafactory way to make deliveries, and the supplier should know about it.

spuds 10:18 27 Apr 04

Would be very interesting to find out who signed for it. Was it the courier driver or possible a neighbour who had given further instructions!.

Speaking from my own experience, when i initially signed up for broadband, Freeserve sent me a modem pack by registered post. It never saw the light of the day at my house, though Freeserve claimed i had signed for it from the courier!! Well, it turns out that after much hunting they tracked the corier down, no signature (suprising as i was in my office 35 miles away at the time!!). He had gone one better and left it on my doorstep!!

I assume a local scally now has a nice ADSL modem and nothing to plug it into!!

Everything turned out ok in the end, though not to sure about the courier in question!

harps1h 11:42 27 Apr 04

the company was ebuyer but you cannot attatch any blame on them for an indivduals errors. apparently the city link driver forged my signature on the pod and when i explained that i was 25 miles away at the time of signature the office manager said that he would be no longer working there. reading between the lines this not the first time that he has had complaints against him.

however i have also phoned ebuyer and contrary to other posts i got through within 5 mins. (not bad considering i have spent 30 mins trying to get through to my docs!) i informed them of the delivery method and enquired about having to pay £15 extra to have monitor left in my back garden unsigned and unchecked, as this something ebuyer are quite specific about when you place a first order with them. the customer service rep said she will pass it on to her supervisor as i have told i want part if not of my delivery charge refunded to me.

we all live in hope, don't we?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…