Decent wireless mouse - but not too pricey!

wildhouse 02 Apr 13

Just before Christmas I changed to a wireless mouse for my . Love the concept but can't afford the cost in batteries! I seem to be changing them every couple of weeks. I have an Advent mouse from Curry's (the third one as I assumed the first 2 were faulty only lasting a few days between batteries). Can anyone recommend a mouse which doesn't need batteries changing every few weeks but won't cost an arm and a leg? Thanks.

spuds 03 Apr 13

Have you thought about using rechargeable batteries?.

wee eddie 03 Apr 13

I have a Logitech Wireless Mouse that I picked up in PCW for a tenner, while on offer. They claim that the batteries are good for about a 1000 hours.

While I cannot vouch for that, it seems pretty obvious to me that if you fail to turn it off when you have finished using it, a month is all you can expect, maybe less.

BT 03 Apr 13

As spuds says a couple of sets of rechargeable batteries will solve the battery problem, but after several wireless 'mices' I have gone back to wired ones. Can't really see much advantage to wireless in most circumstances.

wildhouse 03 Apr 13

Thanks for your input. I turn the mouse off overnight and when I am at work but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I am wondering if it is this particular model that is a problem since it is my third (the first 2 were changed within a day of getting them). Logitech has been recommended to me so that will probably be my next move (although sadly can't find one for a tenner!). May buy a cheap wired one for emergencies, too!

spuds 03 Apr 13

The one I use is a Packard Bell C-3UP, which I have had for many years. I think I paid about a fiver or less on clearance offer from PC World. Never had a problems with rechargeables, but standard (10/12 for a £1) zinc chloride batteries last for about a month on daily extensive use.

wildhouse 03 Apr 13

Thanks, Spuds. Off to Poundland again!

wildhouse 06 Apr 13

Have bought a Logitech M185 mouse - they guarantee (depending on usage!) 1000 hours of battery life!

spuds 06 Apr 13

What type of batteries are they suggesting or providing?.

wildhouse 06 Apr 13

It's just an AA battery so no expensive cells to replace.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message