Decent laptop/notebook for £600-£700?

ivesy 19:22 10 Apr 05

Is it possible? My girlfriend is after a laptop but doesn't want to spend a fortune. Shw wants to use it for internet, letters and basic studying so the latest processors and graphics cards aren't too much of an issue (unless I want to play games on it!)Can anyone recommend a decent one in this price range? At the moment the one we like best is the Fujitsu/Siemens Amilo V2020 which is a Pentium M 725 with a 1.6Ghz processor, Wi Fi, DVD R/W, 60 GB Hard Drive and 512MB memory this would cost £664.43 which doesn't seem to bad. I'd appreciate any help!

TomJerry 21:36 10 Apr 05

the laptop you mentioned is good

Are you sure about the spec? I checked a few sites, it list 40GB HDD and 256MB RAM £616 click here

One alternative I can suggest if you want to play games as well

Acer Travelamte 4101LMI, it has better CPU (735) and also better graphics (ATI Mobility Radeon X600 PCI-E 64MB dedicated graphics) click here

if you want a comparsion, you can look PCWorld and Comets, they have some great offers at your price range

ivesy 22:06 10 Apr 05

Positive about the spec it's advertised on the RL Supplies web site (i'm looking at the printout now!). Thanks for the reply though the Acer models do look good too!

rickf 09:13 11 Apr 05

Wclick here What about this in ebay?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…