debenhams deliveries

morning, have had a week off so decided to spend some hard earned, last tueday ordered three large orems from three recommened companies novatech for one, decathalon and a new dining table from debenhams with the first two companies i was emailed kept up to date and recieved goods within 2 days, very happy, the reciept i had from debenhams simply read delivery five days, so i e-mailed them explaining i worked away and must have delivery by this wednesday, no repies.
By this morning im getting a little nervous so go to the web site which is closed with a helpline number, i call the helpline, press every button on phone 6 times to get transfered to correct person, who advised me goods have been ready to despatch since the 7th, she would speak with courior service, so she did and all she could tell me was highly unlikely i would recieve my goods by wednesday, couldnt give me any more details, so i asked if i could cancell and was told it had been invoiced and they would keep trying to deliver till they cought me in! i explained i wouldnt be here till march and this seemed a waste of everyones time, asuming xmas a busy time! and was simply told nothing i could do, why is spending money such bloody hard work in this country??

after my letter of complaint they have since rang back and are prepared to deliver first thing in the morning

spuds 15:18 11 Dec 06

" and was simply told nothing i could do..." What about The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations click here

Stuartli 16:27 11 Dec 06

It's well known that furniture deliveries may take somewhat longer than run of the mill items - I would have thought that a five-day delivery service was pretty good.

You were probably lucky you were not dealing with MFI as I've known people who waited weeks rather than days...:-)

its a flat pack, off the shelf, self assembly, 3 screws missing, instructions in chinese, type of furniture, or i would agree wilth you!

Stuartli 21:28 11 Dec 06

That also fits the company I mentioned...:-)

I've got friends who spent weeks trying to gather up all the missing bits.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…