Dealers near Hemel/Watford ?

xquest 22:42 08 Feb 05

My daughter - near Hemel, wants to buy a second computer. Does anyone know of a reputable dealer in the Watford/Hemel Hempstead area where, when I visit her next week, I can buy one for around £700 and set it up. I live 250 miles north so ideally it wants to be a supplier where she can take the tower unit to be sorted when she or the kids screw it up.

Thanks in anticipation, xquest

TomJerry 23:51 08 Feb 05

they are great offers there, in my view it would be better than on-line shop in case something gone wrong

before you (or someone else) make any bad judgement about PCWorld, go down there (or visit their web site) to have a look, PC package's prices are quite good now, but some some item's price are not good

if you do not like PCWorld, you can try Watford Electronics (savestore) click here, they have a shop in Jessa House, Finway, Luton, LU1 1WE, one PCWorld shop is just nearby, very handy for price comparision

Arnie 00:09 09 Feb 05

I have done a bit of research and the following company has had good write-ups.

click here

People say it is a little hard to find since it is tucked away in a small industrial area of Watford.
It is better to deal with them at the counter rather than by mail order.

You can see what users say about this company (and many others), in the Feedback Arena area of this excellent web site here.

click here

Arnie.

spuds 11:46 09 Feb 05

You could check these out click here They have weekly special offers that could be of interest.

xquest 16:12 09 Feb 05

Many thanks folks for the very useful info.
I shall look at PCWorld and RL Supplies - Watford Electronics is a bit far I think.

Simsy 22:24 09 Feb 05

rlsupplies as well.

It's not the best website in the world, but they are freindly and helpful over the, (small), counter.

I'm not sure that they keep many PC's ready built in stock. I don't know that for sure... I'm just under the impression that they build to order.... though they may have basic specs machine ready for off the shelf.

Worth a phone call.. as I say, they are freindly and helpful, in my experience.

Good luck.

Regards,

Simsy

wallbash 00:20 10 Feb 05

For daughter living in Hemel , perhaps she should think about places in St.Albans
. I recommand one by the station ( have always treated me correctly )

Also must stress that Watford (savastore) Now in Luton . Thats juction 6/7 going north all the way to juction 11 on the MI.

wallbash 00:38 10 Feb 05

Have looked at risupplies web page , it might have a Watford address but those in the know always believed that Tolpits lane was really a part of Ricky. And is certailly not the easiest place for a stranger to find .

xquest 09:15 10 Feb 05

Thanks for the extra info. I've done the school run with grandson to Ricky School so appreciate that Tolpits is into Rick and out again on the A4145. But PCWorld have a nice looking Philips ML1000 (and ML1100) at £699 which seem worth investigating. I shall search for comments on these models. And St. Albans is certainly easy to get to (but not necessarily easy to park), so I could look there.
Cheers,
xquest

xquest 09:17 10 Feb 05

oops, sorry. Philips Freelin MT1100 and MT1000, not ML.
xquest

TomJerry 17:07 10 Feb 05

it can be used as TV and VCR as well

I would get one myself if I need one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…