Deal with Viruses...............

bowman 20:12 07 Aug 03

Not sure if this is the right place for this; but I thought it maybe of interest to some.......

Apparently, 4.69% of PCs in Britain have some form of virus. This is a new web site run by Panda Software.

click here

Colour-coded maps point out the physical spread of a virus around the world, plus much more...

Hope you find it interesting.

Djohn 21:57 07 Aug 03

Thank-you bowman :o)

powerless 22:33 07 Aug 03

Prevention NOT Cure!

bowman 23:07 07 Aug 03

Djohn...

You're welcome

Powerless....

Could not agree more, thought it might inform more people about the viruses that are going around. Hopefully they will then install some sort of Anti-virus software. (one can only hope)

DieSse 23:59 07 Aug 03

Are they sure it's not 5.29% - maybe they couldn't detect some........

bowman 11:55 08 Aug 03

DieSse...

I often wonder how these people obtain these figures........

Some viruses just sit in the background,sending themselves out in your email.

Jester2K II 12:21 08 Aug 03

I think its reported infections. Therefore the number might be quite lower that the true figure...

comsuppwor 22:23 08 Aug 03

nothing against you bowman or any other splendid
person who offer us some very handy sites to visit,but is it possible to put a site on
here that will download a nasty to you,re PC.
not that I don,t trust you Guy,s ,but there is alway,s some-one with a nasty nature knocking about.
P.S I took advice from you guys and put Norton A.V on my PC.

comsuppwor 22:23 08 Aug 03

nothing against you bowman or any other splendid
person who offer us some very handy sites to visit,but is it possible to put a site on
here that will download a nasty to you,re PC.
not that I don,t trust you Guy,s ,but there is alway,s some-one with a nasty nature knocking about.
P.S I took advice from you guys and put Norton A.V on my PC.

comsuppwor 22:24 08 Aug 03

Double click %:(

bowman 10:21 09 Aug 03

Comsuppwor...........

"but is it possible to put a site on here that will download a nasty to you're PC"...

Does that sentence not put you on the same par as the virus writers? Glad to see you have some form of Anti-virus software on your PC, if every one did the same. Then we might just slow the spread of viruses. Unfortunately we will not stop them completly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…