Dabs.com returns

sputnick 12:47 09 Nov 05

Has anyone had a problem with returning items to Dabs for a replacement and had trouble trying to contact them??
I recently bought a graphics card from them as my old one was not working properly.The new card worked fine for a week but then seemed to overheat if used for 3 or 4 hours in standby.
I sent it back to them for replacement but I`m not sure what their procedure is. one reply stated that they automaticaly refund and you have to re-order. But as I have not yet had a refund and am still not sure if I will get a refund or a replacement I can`t really re-order.
As my PC is dead I am having to use someone elses to contact them. It`s a nightmare, you can`t phone them, the e mails sent are responded to automatically so you never know where you are.

shizzy 21:23 09 Nov 05

I returned a faulty desktop set several months ago and you had to fill in online forms etc. with the reason for returning to get the RMA number. It worked perfectly and you even got a choice of days for the courier to collect.

sputnick 08:52 10 Nov 05

I have managed to return it ok, it is trying to find out what is happening that is the trouble.All messages sent to the various sections through the help line get automatic responses. I doubt if anyone gets to read them.
If you try their phone line it refers you back to the web site.
In future I will make sure I con contact firms by phone before I order.

Alanlsi 14:16 15 Dec 05

Your not the only one many other sites cover this. My story, ordered computer parts and a ATX case 30 Nov, del 1st Dec excellant except they sent a micro form ATX case, not what I ordered. Sent their web returns form 2nd Dec and a recordered letter 5th Dec (just in case) nothing from them at all. As said telephone 01702278314 and two email addresses [email protected] and [email protected] all return the same message, go to web site. dabs are doing a big dis-service to online ordering when they do not respond to problems. So if it works Dabs are good if it doesn't then its a lottery. not for me again thank you Dabs

sputnick 15:17 15 Dec 05

Thanks for your reply.

I eventually got a refund but I kept pestering them by using their corporate email address.
Needless to say I didn`t re-order.
It is not the only online site that is troublesome. I suggest that if anyone wanys to use online shopping that they e mail them first and see what sort of response you get and whether the telephone number lets you talk to a human being.

daveyh 18:29 21 Feb 06

Same problem for me.

See my "dabs.com won't accept return" thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now