Dabs.com - Canon Ixus 500

5K4NK 15:44 15 Feb 05

hi

i am currently looking for a new digital camera and have been recommended the Ixus 500, dabs.com isthe best price i can find (£234.98 inc VAT) has anyone got any comments on das.com and how good (or not so good) they are. also i dont suppose anyone has saw the camera for cheaper else where?

thanks

5K4NK

Same price at Ebuyer, so I guess you could check the postage costs to compare?

5K4NK 16:35 15 Feb 05

it is slightly more expensive on ebuyer (not uch but still), thanks though!

Only problem is a friend of mine previously brought a webcam from Dabs.com and it was faulty, it was very difficult for him to get it swopped over (didnt want his money back he just wanted a swop over for a working model) the only way he got this was to threaten them with small claims court, once he did that they were more than happy to swop it over!

bigcheese 17:33 15 Feb 05

I bought this camera last year and would recommend it. It is small, fits in your top pocket, it can be completely automatic giving great results and it can be manual giving you full flexibility. The best price I have seen is from Digifocus (one of Amazon's independent retailers) - £227.99 + £5.01 P&P.

sidecar sid 17:48 15 Feb 05
  Al94 18:11 15 Feb 05

Or here click here they will look after you if there's a problem, it won't be so easy with the box shifters like Dabs

5K4NK 18:54 15 Feb 05

thanx!!

ade.h 20:06 15 Feb 05

I couldn't possibly recommend Dabs. Past bad experiences (note plural; didn't learn my lesson!)

bobbybowls 20:34 15 Feb 05

go with ebuyer i recently bought the powershot a95 from them it arived 3 days later using there standard delivery exclent service.

Beas-Knees 20:51 15 Feb 05

Go with Internet Cameras Direct, as A194 says they will sort out any problems should they arise a lot better than for example e.buyer

tidywires 21:04 15 Feb 05

Had to wait 3 weeks for a refund to my credit card for goods they took money for but did have in stock. The only means of communicating is by e.mail, no phone option, and the responce time is slow,not to be recommended.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…