Dabs - Rude and sell out of date products

DTM 16:27 29 Aug 03

I recently bought VitualDrive 7 deluxe from Dabs.com. After installation I found the version was 7.03 yet the version mentioned on the manufacturer's site is 7.12. The site does not include the ability to upgrade via patch to 7.12 - the inference is that I have to purchase an upgrade. Since I have only just purchased the software I expected to receive the latest version available. Dabs were out of stock at the time of ordering and had to await a delivery from the supplier so was not poor stock rotation. I realise new versions are released and in the future I will have to pay for an upgrade but I believe a week is too short a time to be expected to pay again. I contacted Dabs via email and was abruptly told no return as product opened (CD does not say version so had to install to find out). Tried explaining several times do not want to return just want the latest version I purchased. Emails from Dabs became shorter and ruder resulting in being told I received version 7 as advertised. Therefore beware as your product from Dabs could be out of date by the time it arrives a week later. I tried contacting the manufacturer, Farstone, but emails bounce. I have managed to contact the supplier, Softwair and they have apologised and say they will arrange to send an update ? at least they understand the concept of customer service and politeness. I have used and recommended Dabs in the past but as usual poor customer service is a company?s downfall and I will look elsewhere in the future.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:18 29 Aug 03

How is 7.12 so different from 7.03? Does it really make a difference? I think you will find it is not worth having a coronary about.

G

DTM 18:12 29 Aug 03

Normally I would agree, however, there are several software titles (including ones I am trying to use) listed on the support site that state they need version 7.12 to be able to create a virtual copy plus there is a patch that states must be version 7.1 & above to use.

It therefore does make a difference. Why are people so ready to accept such things just because it is to do with IT?

wee eddie 22:56 29 Aug 03

Did you print out your order.

That should tell you what version you are buying

Blitzer 23:34 29 Aug 03

DTM,

In all honesty Dabs have not really done anything wrong as such, although I can and do understand that you'd expect and want to receive the latest version.

However, having dealt with Dabs customer services myself I can well imagine the general uncaring tone of the e-mail you would have received. I don't suppose for one moment that their reply included anything remotely resembling remorse for you being a disatisfied customer? Sadly Dabs really let themselves down when it come to customer aftercare whereas they are generally very good and delivering orders very quickly.

Anyway, I hope you get the update you seek even if it's not from Dabs - good on Softwair for taking a more agreeable approach to customer services.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…