dabs online

jeremylawrence 10:41 04 Feb 03

I purchased a cdrw from dabs online, after a month it failed, and having contacted them they told me that a) i couln't have my money back
b) i wasen't entitlled to a replacement,
and best of all c) i had to contact the makers and send it to them for repair.

Sir Radfordin™ 10:58 04 Feb 03

What you have been told is not true. You should be entitled to a full refund under the Sale Of Goods Act - the product has not lasted a reasonable lenght of time.

Is it not under warranty anyway?

Your best course of action is to write to Dabs and send it by special delivery (you can then prove they got the letter) and say that you wish to reject the CDRW as not suitable for the purpose that it was sold for and has not lasted a reasonable lenght of time.

State that you would like them to collect the device within X days (no more than 14) and that you would like a full refund.

There is little point in getting a repair on a device like this.

What make is it? You may in some cases get a better response out of the makers, but you have a contract with Dabs and with no-one else.

Stuartli 13:08 04 Feb 03

I've always found that dealing direct with the manufacturer, no matter where you have bought anything, always brings the fastest and most efficient solution.

bremner 18:09 04 Feb 03

Copied from the dabs site:

A warranty repair is offered for most faulty goods purchased from dabs which you have had for more than 28 days.

If you need to return your goods to dabs for warranty repair the first thing you need to do is to obtain a returns reference number from dabs.
Please use our on-line returns system to get your returns number.

You pay the return freight charges, either directly by arranging your own shipment, or indirectly, by using our courier facility. See below for details of these options.

1. You can return your goods using the service we have made available via our website. To use this service please go to Please consider using our collection system. This offers collections Mon-Fri from £7.95+VAT.

2. Alternatively, you can return the goods to dabs.com using your choice of carrier at the following address:

Dabs.com plc
National Logistics Centre
Wingates Industrial Park
Westoughton
Bolton BL5 3XD

I note the words in 1. "Most faulty goods"

Kilobyte 18:20 04 Feb 03

The responsibility for return carriage costs of faulty goods is that of the retailer!

Stuartli 20:05 04 Feb 03

That's why you should deal direct with the manufacturer - they have a reputation to maintain and customers to keep happy.

I've posted threads on TDK, Crucial, Minolta, iiyama and many others, all of whom have delivered exemplary attention and service if I have had a problem with one of their products.

Minolta replaced a Dimage digital camera without quibble, TDK three times collected and returned faulty rewriters to their Luxembourg HQ free of charge (the orignal cost £68) and each time provided a brand new one.

The third, because the original purchase was no longer listed, was the then very latest CyClone model.

iiyama did the same with a supposedly brand new monitor (one of two) purchased from (ironically) dabs, which turned out to be a returned item, despatching a new replacement that arrived the next day.

I could go on but you'll work out the moral.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…