DABS delivery policy - Customer unfriendly

krypt1c 15:41 08 Feb 07

I recently ordered a TV from DABS, but wasn't in to take delivery. So I rang the carrier to re-arrange delivery to be told via a recorded message that delivery is attempted on 2 successive days, or would be available for collection for 5 working days. After this the item would be returned to the supplier. I visited the DABS web site to see if I could re-arrange delivery, only to find confirmation of this policy, and that an automatic refund would be made for undelivered items, less delivery charge.
Very customer friendly!!!
I shan't be buying [or rather attempting to buy] from them again.

wee eddie 16:19 08 Feb 07

However such terms are fairly normal.

GaT7 16:30 08 Feb 07

Yeah, not very nice, but unfortunately many do it.

The other day I ordered something from a relatively unknown company, & used their free delivery (special offer). The carrier was ParcelForce 24. As I wasn't in, they left a note to collect from the local PO, or call them to arrange for another delivery (free of course). The note said they'd keep the goods for 3 weeks before returning it to the sender. I picked it up the next day - it wasn't a TV though! G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…