Ben Avery (Work) 12:25 28 Mar 03

I wonder if anyone know exactly waht dabs' game is at the moment. I ordered a Lacie USB2.0 4 port PCI card from them about a week and a half ago and they said that it would be available in 1-3 days. It STILL says that it will be available in 1-3 days! Do dabs' work on a different timescale to the rest of the UK? I know it's approaching daylight saving and everyone gets a little confused over times etc but this is silly!.

At the same time I also ordered a Dazzle DVC 150 from them which they said was also going to take 1-3 days for arrival. This then changed to "Overdue" for sometime and now it say "Ordered upon request". I think they have missed the point that I HAVE requested and ordered one!

I sent them an email to them, voicing my concerns, to which their reply was

Thank you for your e-mail.

Your orders have been prodessed and will be despatched to you as soon
as possible.

What to do I wonder? I can't even cancel the order and order from elsewhere as they need to send out the goods and have you return them "BEFORE" they can credit you! They'd be happier to pay 2 lots of postage rather than just cancel! Seems a bit silly to me.

E-retail eh?

Biggles no more 14:19 28 Mar 03

I am about to use DABS and would like to know if there is a problem.

€dstow 14:37 28 Mar 03

I never order anything that isn't in stock.

If an item is not in stock I either shop elsewhere or wait.

When I've placed my order, I then check stock levels if possible to check that the level has been reduced by one (or more).

Ben Avery (Work) 15:55 28 Mar 03

Don't worry, I use dabs a lot and up until now have never had a problem, there service in generally first rate with the exception of a few niggles here and there, like their returns policy (if an item is faulty, they won't replace. You need to send it back to be "tested" by one of their engineers and when they are satisfied that it is duff, they'll credit you. You then have to order another one yourself) and items not "in stock".

I'd advise you beware if the item is pending (i.e. in blue writing 1-3 days) as this may not be strictly true.

Otherwise they're great, and if you collect enough dabspoints, you can get a nice new coffee mug! ;o)

Ben Avery (Work) 15:58 28 Mar 03

The Dazzle Digital Video Creator 150 has now changed status once again back to "overdue"!

Still no reply from my email query though...

What ARE they doing???!!!

jimmylove 18:35 28 Mar 03

I've had nothing but trouble from Dabs and will never use them again. They have consistently let me down with delivery, stock and customer service. Like you, twice I placed orders for items that were due in '1-3 days' and 3 weeks later no sign of them. I kicked up a fuss when they charged my credit card before despatching them (apparently a mistake on their part) and then cancelled my order. Never again <shudder> - recent interview with David Atherton (was it in PCA? Don't remember), their MD, made him look like a really arrogant man who was in it purely for the money and felt that he could do no wrong). Not someone I would like to give my money to.

Jimmydos 18:54 28 Mar 03

I have used DABS without any problem, although others appear to think differently; they are better than Scan.co.uk but nowhere as good as pcnextday or rlsupplies.co.uk. who are excellent.

Again I only order from "in stock"

jonholmes99 19:44 28 Mar 03

I ordered goods over 3 weeks ago, the goods never arrived, Dabs wont refund my money and Parcelforce will not speak to me as they simply dont know where the box is... Oh such is life. Take my advice, pay more and use someone else, it makes sense.

beec crump 20:19 28 Mar 03

I was going to start a new thread but saw this one... have had same probs over last 3 wks... no delivery etc. Is there anything PCA can do???

SMB Systems 21:22 28 Mar 03

i have used both dabs and scan and found no problem with either, quite impressed with the service to be honest, however both items i ordered were in stock at the time

Colin 21:30 28 Mar 03

I have used DABS for several years, both for work and home. Never had a problem with them till last week. A package containing two cables and memory was never received although ParcelForce's website said that it had been delivered. After contacting DABS by e-mail, they e-mailed me back and asked if I wanted a refund or replacement. I opted for a replacement as the goods were needed. On the morning that the replacement good were due to arrive, the original parcel ewas delivered! (A week later than it was supposed to have been delivered). Later that day the replacement parcel arrived as well. Being an honest chap I will ask DABS if they want one of them back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…