CUSTOMER SERVICE RIP?

WtheM 08:32 18 May 07

Took the plunge and against my better judgement ordered a desktop from dixons. They quickly took my money, but as yet I have not recieved the goods. They wont answer emails and ringing them is a complete waste of time and money. Looking at customer reviews for stores, non of them seem to be providing even an adequate service.
So, where do you buy from? Who would you really recommend???

Thanks

oresome 08:41 18 May 07

So when did you order, was the item shown as in stock, was there a promised delivery time etc?

WtheM 09:11 18 May 07

It was ordered over a week ago and supposedly in stock. The delivery time is up to 5 working days.
What's bugging me is that they have taken the money before despatching the goods, and the fact that they wont reply to my email enquiries.
Now this may be common practise these days, but I think it's a little cheeky.....

Stuartli 09:13 18 May 07

Up to five working days is unlikely to include the weekend period in between.

WtheM 09:18 18 May 07

I appreciate that.

wee eddie 09:52 18 May 07

You should also consider the possibility that when you started your order the product was in stock, according to their system which might have a delay on updating, however it might have gone out of stock in the intervening period as you entered your details.

As to replying to e-mails, many organisations send a receipt confirmation and saying that they will reply within 2 working days, but it does take time to find the details of a transaction and where it has reached in the system.

I am not trying to defend Dixons but to explain the reality of business life.

Diemmess 11:20 18 May 07

An example of a different attitude.

Over the May day period I bought a new (box only), from Novatech.

Despatch including the long weekend took the full 4 days promised.
It was delivered overnight, but my card was not debited until the second day AFTER receipt.

anchor 11:45 18 May 07

I ordered some parts from Medion. One of the items was out of stock, and I was kept updated regularly until its arrival in their warehouse. At that point a dispatch notice was e-mailed to me, and the goods arived by courier the next day.

Good service.

WtheM 12:32 18 May 07

Novatech seem to have a very good reputation.
I've been having a look round and the dsg group are not very well thought of! And surprisingly, neither are dell.
To be fair to them though, it seems to be the way it is. Freeserve, nu car insurance, bt......AAAARRRGGHHHH!!!

grumpygramp 15:11 18 May 07

Novatech definately the best rang me and asked if they could deliver 2 days earlier than their original delivery date.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017