Customer Service moan - NTL

Nellie2 18:56 29 Mar 05

I like my broadband and most of the time it is hassle free. But woe betide me if something should go wrong because NTL, in their infinite wisdom has allocated a 24/7 service with an office hours only customer support.

I had problems over the weekend and was without my connection for over 48 hours. I realise that it was Easter Sunday... but even a recorded message to tell me about the server problem would have been good... but no, 'this departement is now closed' So I fiddled all day Sunday and finally managed to get through on Monday... and was told at various intervals throughout the day to call back in an hour as it is nearly sorted. (At least by then I knew what the problem was so I stopped fiddling my end). The last call at 4:30pm was still the same, nothing to report. But don't worry, the nice girl said, we are here until 8pm.

So I rang back at 6pm only to find that the phonelines were off again and all I could get was 'This department is now closed'.

A 24/7 service should, in my opinion, have some sort of customer service that you can access at odd hours. I know NTL post outages on their website, but if you don't have access then you can't get to it can you.

Anyway, grump over. I'm back now (after 3 days) and have a fair bit of catching up to do.

Pusherman 19:48 29 Mar 05

I know this may not be much use to you if you are without internet access (that's why I keep an external modem connected to my pc) but here is a useful site run by current and ex NTL staff.

click here

Pusherman

Andybear 20:07 29 Mar 05

NTL have a freephone recorded message line which gives details of outages. It's 0800 052 4315. I find it very handy when I can't access the service status web page.

Nellie2 20:14 29 Mar 05

Thanks for that AndyBear I'm sure it will come in handy

accord 21:23 29 Mar 05

click here for NTL server status

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…