"Customer service exceeds expectations"

Maturin 09:00 28 Jan 09

I have been agonising over replacement for my old laptop. When I deceided on the specifications, I looked into where such a machine would be bought.

Laptops Direct (click here) is where I found my notebook which will be used as a desktop replacement at home and occasional teaching duties. The machine (an Acer Aspire 6920G) was ordered last Friday evening (23rd Jan) and delivered yesterday morning (27th Jan) including predilvery inspection and recovery DVD(s).

The machine is working straight from the box,. including WiFi and file sharing on my home network.

The customer service receipt is signed, "we hope to exceed your expectations". Laptops Direct certainly have!

David
NB: I have no financial interest in this company; I am simply describing a fantastic service.

PS: My machine was £338 cheaper than RRP too

spuds 11:47 28 Jan 09

Its strange how some people give great praise to a company, when they have only had and tried a product for possibly less than a day.Personally I would always adopt the attitude of 'Wait and See'.

Laptops Direct have had various amounts of compliments as well as dissatisfactions on this and other forums, so on the law of averages, that might be classed as acceptable.

The same could perhaps be said about Acer agency services!.

Regarding delivery and ordering, this can be an hit and miss affair with some companies, and considering that a weekend was part of the process, then this was fairly good. But having said that, I purchase many items from various retail companies, like Ebuyer, Rymans etc as an example, who can take an order before 7.30pm and deliver the next day, Sunday excluded for deliveries.

Good customer service and excellent reliable products are what we all want, and some companies are only beginning to learn this fact, that they might have need to improve to survive the present world-wide financial crisis.

iscanut 13:36 28 Jan 09

One swallow does not make a summer !

tillybaby 14:37 28 Jan 09

It's always good to hear of a satisfied customer and I will make a note of the company for future reference,

As I've said before we're all to quick to condemn a company but not quite so quick to make a compliment, I do hope you continue to enjoy your laptop in the future.

Forum Editor 17:08 28 Jan 09

and thanks for posting. Don't worry about the pessimists - I'm sure your computer will be just fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5